Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dungeons & Dragons: The comic book

Saw a post by Dungeons & Dragons on facebook the other day about issue number three of the Dungeons & Dragons comic book just be released.  I hadn't head that a comic book had been developed at all.  The comic book is written by John Rogers, illustrated by Andrea Di Vito and published by IDW.

I was browsing my local geek store, a.k.a. the comic store, this evening and decided to see if they had the latest issue of Dungeons & Dragons.  They didn't have number three, but they had an issue #0 Cover A, #0 Cover B, #1 Cover B,and #2 Cover B.  Looking inside the cover at home (yes, I bought them all), it appears that they have about 5 different covers for each issue.

I haven't yet read the comics, so I can't tell you whether they are any good, but I'll post a comment to this post after I've read them with my take on them.

Of note, the back of issue #0 (both covers) has two scimitars and the following:

SALVATORE

DRIZZT


2011

If that's a comic book, I've got to get my hands on it.

1 comment:

  1. Issue Zero is actually a brief exposure to the adventuring group Fell's Four which becomes Fell's Five -when they add the tiefling warlock to the human fighter, elven archer/ranger, halfling rogue, and dwarven paladin. While adventuring parties benefit from the collective skills and traits of such a variety of races and classes, this format also works well as a means to expose Dungeons & Dragons to comic book fans who may not yet play the game.

    There is also a short intro to a new Dark Sun campaign series of comic books being published by IDW.

    Issues one and two continue to flesh out the characters while propelling the story along. Being a Dungeons & Dragons player, I'll continue to read this series, probably the Dark Sun one, and the Drizzt one, if that's what the back cover mentioned in the post is about.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome real comments, but moderate this blog to prevent as much spam as possible. I usually check my account at least daily for potential comments.